|By Elizabeth White||
|April 26, 2012 12:45 AM EDT||
"Many of our Joyent Cloud customers have experienced significant growth based on the superior user experience and performance we deliver on Joyent Cloud," said Steve Tuck, EVP and GM of Joyent Cloud, Joyent's public cloud line of business, as Joyent Cloud Europe was unveiled this week -an extension of the US-based Joyent Cloud that will provide high-performance real-time Infrastructure-as-a-Service in Europe, located in Amsterdam.
"As they expand into Europe they want the same level of real-time computing performance as in the U.S. to ensure that their European user base gets only the best. At the same time, our European public cloud will give European businesses' customers the opportunity to deliver a higher-quality experience to their end-users."
This launch, added Tuck, "is driven by demand from customers in North America who are expanding into Europe and need the same level of real-time performance, reliability and unmatched Cloud Analytics they receive from Joyent in the U.S. Joyent's Amsterdam facility will also provide Europe-based businesses and developers with access to Joyent Cloud's superior value."
Joyent Cloud Europe uses Joyent's SmartDataCenter, the company's cloud infrastructure platform, to deliver in-depth analytics, reliability, performance and scalability all while ensuring data security.
Joyent's European launch follows a recent announcement highlighting Joyent's plans to expand its public cloud services and facilities in Tokyo and Singapore to meet surging customer demand for Joyent Cloud services in Asia.
"Joyent service and support is key to Voxer's highly demanding Push-To-Talk Walkie Talkie service. We are growing rapidly and welcome the opportunity to run our service from Amsterdam as well as the US," said Matt Ranney, CTO of Voxer, in a supporting statement. "We look forward to working with Joyent in Europe to continue providing our service to sophisticated customers."
"We look forward to working with Joyent to provide customers in Europe with the same cloud management capabilities that we deliver together in the U.S.," said David Bagley, CEO of enStratus, Joyent partner and provider of cloud infrastructure automation and management solutions.
- [slides] #DevOps and Immutable Infrastructure | @CloudExpo @Botchagalupe
- [session] Composable Infrastructure | @CloudExpo @HTBase @Azure #AWS
- Partners @Interoute and @Rancher_Labs | @CloudExpo #DevOps #Serverless
- [session] Composable Infrastructure | @CloudExpo @HTBase #SDN #DataCenter
- An #AI-Defined World | @CloudExpo @ReneBuest #AiDI #ArtificialIntelligence
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- i-Technology Predictions for 2007: Where's It All Headed?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- The Future of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- The Next Chapter in the Virtualization Story Begins
- CIA was Headed to an Enterprise Cloud All Along: Jill Tummler Singer
- Deputy CIO of the CIA to Keynote 1st Annual GovIT Expo
- Are Enterprises Ready for Cloud Computing?